Monday, June 24, 2013

150 Minutes Is The Key According To Research

For all you procrastinators out there, I've got good news for you.  If you put off exercising until "tomorrow" that's okay heck you can even put it off until the day after tomorrow.  According to new research coming out of Queens University it doesn't matter how often you workout, but rather the amount of time you work out.  Apparently 150 minutes is the amount of time you need to exercise each week in order to maintain good health.  It doesn't matter if you do it over several days or all in one, the research shows that you would be just as fit and healthy as a person who exercises several times a day for shorter amounts of time as you would with someone who exercise for 150 minutes in one day.  BUT, I personal recommend you get some exercise on a daily basis as there are lots of health benefits to daily exercise.

For some exercise try this 100, 100, 100 challenge: 100 Lunges, 100 skips, 100 standing strait leg ab crunches.  Break it up anyway you need to finish the challenge and be sure to warm up for 5 minutes before beginning.  A few stretches at the end will prevent soreness tomorrow.  :)

A Snack Idea:

Ants On A Log
 2 stalks of celery, washed
 1 TB Adam's Peanut Butter
 1/4 C raisins
* Put PB in Celery stalk, top with raisins, and ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try your first 100 reps. The straight leg ab crunches would throw my back out for a week. Very interesting. This info helps actually. Sometimes when I haven't had time to work out I give up because I can't do it every day. Now I know there's hope. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad this information is useful to you. :) Good luck with the 100 Challenge. :)

      Delete