Monday, February 11, 2013

How to Stay Sick Free (or can you?)

Article after article on the internet will tell you that if you exercise, eat right, get enough rest, and keep stress levels low you should be in good health.  I have to laugh because I do all those things and I still get sick, so the question remains, is there really anything we can do to stay sick free?  Well obviously since we're human we'll get sick.  

I read that anger can actually make your body sick, along with being upset, and any other negative emotion.  So I guess that's where one of my principles comes into play "Be Happy".  There is so much to this principle that I think is over looked.  When Jesus was on the Earth he commanded people to "be of good cheer".  There is so much to just being happy.  It's hard when life throws you a bunch of lemons to smile through it, but maybe if you think of being happy as your "multivitamin" we would take it on a daily basis.  So be sure to take your happy pill every day and look at things on the bright side and then maybe, just maybe, we won't get sick.  

For some exercise put on your favorite song and Dance, Smile, and Laugh.  And thank me for reminding you to take your "happy pill".  

Eat some good bug enriched yogurt with antioxidant rich blueberry's for a yummy snack today.  


1 comment:

  1. What a good example you have been of this principle. Being happy is usually just fun. But at times it's hard to feel happy. Fake it till you make it right? Thanks Heidi.

    ReplyDelete