Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I need YOU!

Who's up for a life changing challenge?  I need you!  I will be a certified personal trainer by December and before that time I would like to have people who I have helped be able to give testimonials of my healthy living, life changing program by December.  So can I count on you to follow my "program"?  I'll explain the program and if you feel like it's something you're willing to do, then please contact me so we can move forward.

Here are the "rules" to live by. 

1.  I need a full body before and after picture of you.  Being in a bikini is not necessary.  :) 

2.  You must be willing to follow my lifestyle guidelines for at least three months.

3.  I will want a testimonial written by you at the end of those three months to add to my client list, so that people who don't know me will have something to go on.

4.  NO WEIGHING YOURSELF!  This isn't about getting skinny it's about getting healthy.  And the number on the scale does not necessarily reflect how healthy or unhealthy you are.  You could be "thin" but really unhealthy and I know several people who are heavy set but are generally healthy. 

So what are these healthy guidelines?!?!?!  Well they're my five principles in a nutshell.  I will however give you specific foods I want you to be eating.  And you will be required to do 30-60 minutes of moderate activity 6 days a week.  Sorry none of this 3X a week business the government recommends.  God worked for 6 days and rested on one of them... so should you!  I suggest 3-4 days of aerobic activity a week and 2-3 days of strength training a week. 

Here are the food groups I want you to be eating from and the amount of servings from each I want you to eat.  I have chosen these foods because they are nutrient dense.and considered "super foods" by dieticians. 

1.  Beans (Beans beans the musical fruit, the more you eat the more you ... you get the idea) Black beans, pinto beans, garbonzo beans, lentils, green beans, etc.  I want you to eat at least 4,  1/2 Cup servings of beans every week.  Put them in a burrito, make hummus and eat it with whole grain crackers, eat them in soup, bean dips, etc.  JUST EAT THEM! 

2. Blueberries, purple grapes, cranberries, boysenberries, raspberries, strawberries, currants, blackberries, and cherries.  You can eat them fresh, frozen, or dried.  Eat 1-2 Cups fresh fruit daily or 1/2 C dried.  Throw them in a smoothie, in your oatmeal, or with some nuts for a snack.

3.  Broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, kale, turnips, cauliflower, collards, bok choy, mustard greens, or swiss chard.  Eat 1/2 C to 1 Cup every day.  Throw a salad together using one or several of these ingredients, eat as a side to your dinner, chop up some greens mix into some eggs top with salsa and cucumbers... YUM!

4.  Oats, ground flaxseed, wheat germ, brown rice, rye, barley, wheat, buckwheat, millet, bulgar, amaranth, quinoa, kamut, yellow corn, wild rice, spelt, or couscous.  Eat 5-7 Servings a day.  You can find all kinds of great recipes using these grains on www.cooks.com and other great recipe sites.  Yes, cereal can even count as long as the main ingredients are one of the above.

5. Oranges, lemons, white and pink grapefruit, kumquats, tangerines, or limes.  1 serving daily. 

6.  Pumpkin, carrots, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, or orange bell peppers. Eat 1/2 C daily.

7. Salmon, halibut, canned albacore tuna, sarrdines, herring, trout, sea bass, oysters, or clams.  Eat 1 serving 2-4 times a week. 

8. Dark Chocolate (65% cocoa or higher) under 1/4 C every day.  Throw some chocolate in a smoothie, in wholegrain pancakes, or eat with some nuts and dried fuit.

9.  Spinach or any other greens.  1 C steamed or 2 C raw every day.  I like to add 1 C steamed spinach to one egg and one egg white and make a frittata.  Top it with some plain yogurt, salsa, and diced cucumbers.  YUM!

10. Tomatoes, red watermelon, pink grapefruit, Japanese persimmons, red fleshed papaya, or strawberry gauva.  Eat at least 1 C every day. 

11. Turkey or chicken breast.  (3-4 servings of  3-4 oz a week) How much is 3-4 oz?  About the size of the palm of your hand and as thick as a deck of cards. 

12.  Walnuts, almonds, pistachios, sesame seeds, peanuts, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, macadamia nuts, pecans, hazelnuts, cashews.  Eat 1 oz (about a handful) 5x a week.  Throw some on top of a salad, or eat with some dried fruit and dark chocolate. 

13. Yogurt or kefir.  2 Cups every day with live active cultures in it.  That may seem like a lot but if you make a smoothie 2 C of yogurt is perfect as a base, then add some berries, a banana, 1/2 C of spinach, maybe even some chocolate and you've got yourself a seriously yummy snack or meal.  I suggest you buy plain low fat yogurt and then add fruit to it.  Less sugar = a happier body!

The end goal here should be that you eat 3-4 Servings of fruits daily; 5-7 servings of Vegetables; 5-7 servings of grains; 1-3 servings of dairy; 1-2 servings of protein daily; 1-2 servings of healthy fats ie nuts, avocado, olive oil, etc; and up to 100 calories of whatever the heck you want to eat BUT ONLY 100 calories so WATCH IT!  :)  Spruce up your foods using fresh or dried herbs.  Make yourself a chart and keep track of your servings.  I'm not so much concerned about calories as I am the nutrients in the food you eat.  You can eat 1600 calories of empty calories and feel yucky or 1800 calories of nutrient dense food and feel fantastic!  You choose!

Okay so some of you may be wondering why I didn't mention apples, bananas, potatoes, beef, etc.  There isn't anything wrong with eating those foods, and by all means if you want an apple eat one!  The point of the list above is to give you a variety of nutrient dense foods to choose from and how much of each you can eat.  If you're a woman I suggest eating the lower end of the recommended amount if your a male you can eat the higher recommended amount. 

Remember my five principles that you must follow in order for this to work.  Go back and read them if you need a reminder. 

For exercise you need to move for 30-60 minutes 6 days a week.  If you have never exercised then start out walking for 10 minutes twice a day, then gradually move up to 20, 30, etc.  Some people find the 10,000 step challenge fun.  You can do that too.  Get a pedometer and reach the goal of 10,000 steps every day.  I also want you to be doing strength training 2-3 times a week on alternating days.  You will want to do every major muscle group (back, abs, butt, thighs, and arms) start with 8 reps and then move up to 12 reps repeating three times.  Before exerciseing you should always warm up for at least 5-10 minutes and cool down by doing some stretches.  I suggest following a workout video or joining a gym and asking for help there since I can't be there with you. Let me make something clear, you do not have to do 60 minutes of aerobic activity every day if you are weight or resistance training on that day.  You need to make sure the resistance training breaks a good sweat though.  If you want to drop some pounds then you have to go beyond the 30 minute mark, if your goal is to be healthy then 30 minutes should do it. 

Staying hydrated is EXTREMELY important.  Drink water before, during, and after you workout.  Fill a big mug of water and sip on it all day.  I have to refill my mug of water several times a day.  Stay away from soda... if your an addict then slowly wean yourself off, soda is bad for you bones, kidneys, teeth, and you.  A soda every now and then is fine, but not every day. 

Do not eat anything at least two hours before you go to bed.  Let your body slow down for a change so you can rest easier. 

My goal is to have as many willing participates as I can get to follow my guidelines so that I can have several testimonials on an up-and-coming website.  This is a great chance for you to be able to change your life without having to pay someone to help you do it.  My advice and help will be free until I get certified as a personal trainer. 

I have a strong desire to help those who are sick and tired of being sick and tired.  If you are one of those people or know someone who may be interested please send them to this blog post.  I truly appreciate all your help and hope that I can help change your life and help you lead a healthier happier life. 

To sign up offically please email me at hejoparish@gmail.com.  I need a before picture, your name and your age.  I will coach you through this and help you stay on track and by the new year you won't have to set a New Years resolution to lose weight because you will have already changed!  If you have any questions about the program please feel free to email me. 

Here's to a BETTER YOU! 

No comments:

Post a Comment