Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Breakfast is King/ Back to School Breakfast Ideas

Hey Everyone!  Sorry I've been away for awhile.  Life has been crazy busy for me.  My kids are back in school and I know your's are too so I thought I'd give you a few good reasons to make sure that the whole family is getting breakfast in.  According to the American Dietetics Association, breakfast helps improve brain function, keeps the bodies immune system functioning properly, and keeps your weight at a normal level.  If those aren't reason enough to eat breakfast I don't know what is.  To keep your tummy's fuller longer always be sure to add some low-fat protein to your breakfast such as Canadian bacon, eggs, mozzarella cheese, yogurt, or Peanut Butter (the real stuff).

I've come up with a few quick and inexpensive breakfast ideas for you and your family.  

1.  Frozen whole grain waffles left over from breakfast yesterday.  Pop them in the toaster top them with a poached egg and some salsa.  Drink some 100% OJ with it.

2.  Omelet with mozzarella cheese topped with salsa.  Serve with 100% whole grain toast and a piece of fruit.

3. Homemade Granola (check my blog for a recipe) with plain Greek Yogurt topped with Blueberries.

4. Green Smoothie (check my blog for a recipe)

5.  Piece of whole grain toast with real peanut butter and jam or honey.  Drink some milk with it and have a serving of your favorite fruit.

I hope these ideas help you choose to eat breakfast in the morning!

For some fun exercise get on your toes and hands and crawl like a salamander lizzard.  It's actually a really great workout.  Try it from one end of your house to the other while your favorite song is playing in the background!  Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment