Monday, April 29, 2013

Dieting Alone Will Lose Precious Muscle Mass

I'm sure this won't come as a surprise to any of you, but studies show that if you just diet, or reduce your calorie intake significantly, you will indeed lose weight, but that weight includes muscle mass.  The best way to lose weight, according to a recent study by Stanford University, is changing your diet to whole foods, exercising for at least 30 minutes a day, including weight training, AND get yourself a health coach.  Yes, those who spoke with a health coach once a week were able to not only lose weight, but keep it off for over 5 years (and counting).  Yes... it's a shameless plug.

Friends, I need your help!  I have a talent that I would like to use to help people find their health.  Please share my blog with ALL of your friends, I'm sure there are people out there who just need someone like me to help them get to where they want to be.  

For some exercise today do yourself a favor and build some muscle mass and do some great cardio at the same time.... go on a hike and enjoy the lovely Spring weather.

I don't have a recipe to share with you today... sorry, next time I will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment