Thursday, January 13, 2011

The moment you've all been waiting for! My first attempt at blogging! Lucky! The purpose of this blog is to help teach and motivate people to live a healthy life style by using principles. I will take any questions you have on health and fitness and answer them as part of the blog, if you want to remain anonymous that's fine.

I'll focus today's comments on principle number one: Any food that's closest to its original form are the foods you should eat the most of. So that means eat fresh fruit and veggies before you eat canned, dried, or juiced fruits or vegetables. Eat whole grain bread instead of bleached enriched white bread or noodles, etc. Eat fresh or frozen meat before you choose processed meat or frozen breaded chicken patties, etc. Do you get the idea? Stick to foods that Adam and Eve would've eaten. You'll feel better, and have the energy necessary to take better care of yourself and family, and be able to give yourself a nice heart healthy workout.

Okay time to do a little exercising! So stand up! You read it right, stand up and give me 100 jumping jacks, that's right, 100 jumping jacks. You can go low impact (keeping legs on the floor moving from side to side) or hi-impact (the way you did it as a kid in P.E.) either way just get it done... it should take you under five minutes. At a good pace you can do it in a minute and a half.

Do you feel the high yet?!?! It will come, remember that feeling and when I talk about exercise on my next posting you'll be ready to stop making excuses and MAKE time for exercise in your life.

Okay here's my recipe for the day (I'll try to have a new recipe every day or at least once a week)

Baked Oatmeal
3 whole eggs
1 C applesauce
2 C milk
1 T baking powder
5 C rolled oats or old fashion oatmeal
3/4 C brown sugar
1-2 T cinnamon
2 T Vanilla
1 1/2 tsp salt
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour into a 13x9 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 F for 40-50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Serve with some fruit (preferably fresh) and a glass of milk and enjoy!
*recipe given by Jim Forrer from Caldwell ID
Let me know what you think about this recipe.

4 comments:

  1. I love your recipes! I'll definitely try this one. A lot of the ones I've gotten from you have become staples at our house. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good, though I was a little disappointed that it wasn't AS flavorful as it smelled (it smelled heavenly as it was cooking). But it was delicious the next morning with a little milk and raisins.
    Donell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you added raisins, the original recipe gives you the option of adding dried fruit, but my taste buds are good with the oatmeal the way it is, served with some fresh fruit on the side. I also cook it for 35 minutes instead of 40-50 I find it to be more moist that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The oatmeal was so good thank you! I will have to add some rasins to it.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete